The material in Car Defender Mats:
Car Defender mats are constructed of five layers of different materials.
- Surface layer – highly wear-resistant artificial leather that effectively reduces friction and helps prevent scratches. Comes in your choice of colours and styles
- Foam sponge layer – increases comfort for your feet and enhances the appearance of the top leather surface
- A layer of ultra- thin waterproof cloth provides a quality backing for the embroidery of the surface layer and the sponge. This layer helps ensure the integrity of the thread used in the mats.
- A layer of cross linked polyethylene that plays critical role in helping the contoured mats hold their shape while adding sound insulation to your vehicle.
- A bottom layer of anti-slip nylon burr mesh that plays a key role of fixing the mat to the floor of your car, preventing movement of the mats for increased stability and safety.
In contrast to the protection, material design and contoured shape of Car Defender, most standard car mats on the market use inferior PVC (or similar) materials and do not fit snugly to the contour of your vehicle. The result for these products is inferior protection, limited choice of style and colour, and decreased foot comfort. At Car Defender, our products have been carefully designed to overcome these shortcomings.