How we make Car Defender Mats
Let’s now have a look at our fulfillment process in more detail and the care that goes into each customer’s order.
When a customer places an order we capture the make and model of the car, the desired mats (front,rear, cargo), the colour and any special requests.
If we have the 3D data for the make and model of your car, the order is reviewed and proceeds immediately to our factory floor.
If we do not have the 3D data, no need to worry. We will contact you to make an appointment for a professional to scan your vehicle and collect all the necessary data. The accuracy of our equipment and the skill of our professionals will ensure a perfect fit for your car.
Once our production team has the order, the material is carefully selected and the data for your car is transferred to the CNC cutting machine. The material is then cut to exacting precision.
After the material is cut, it is sent to the sewing team along with detailed instructions allowing the material to be carefully crafted into your contoured, customized mats.
A full quality inspection is then performed to verify your product is exactly what you ordered. Accessories required for installation are then paired with the mats and your product is packaged for shipment.
The material in Car Defender Mats
Car Defender mats are constructed of five layers of different materials.
- Surface layer – highly wear-resistant artificial leather that effectively reduces friction and helps prevent scratches. Comes in your choice of colours and styles
- Foam sponge layer – increases comfort for your feet and enhances the appearance of the top leather surface
- A layer of ultra– thin waterproof cloth provides a quality backing for the embroidery of the surface layer and the sponge. This layer helps ensure the integrity of the thread used in the mats.
- A layer of cross linked polyethylene that plays critical role in helping the contoured mats hold their shape while adding sound insulation to your vehicle.
- A bottom layer of anti-slip nylon burr mesh that plays a key role of fixing the mat to the floor of your car, preventing movement of the mats for increased stability and safety.
In contrast to the protection, material design and contoured shape of Car Defender, most standard car mats on the market use inferior PVC (or similar) materials and do not fit snugly to the contour of your vehicle. The result for these products is inferior protection, limited choice of style and colour, and decreased foot comfort. At Car Defender, our products have been carefully designed to overcome these shortcomings.